School History

Lincoln's History 

Lincoln High School was built in 1923 on scenic Roeff's Hill on the Lake Michigan shore. The school's original garden setting was designed by noted Prairie School landscape architect Jens Jensen. The classic gothic style building occupies a 19-acre campus.

Changes

There have been several changes to the structure throughout the years. A pool addition was added in 1930. The west wing, third floor was added in 1942. In 1955, the library wing first floor, music wing, and cafeteria were built. The auditorium was renovated in 1956. In 1961, an addition was added to the library wing second and third floor, the J.F.K. physical education unit, and girls locker room. The technology education wing was built in 1983. From 1996-1999, a $15 million restoration/50,000 sq. ft. addition was added. In 2000, a $1.65 million auditorium project was completed.

Tale of the Tower



Lincoln High School welcomes 9th graders again!

The 2019-2020 school year welcomed Freshman back to the halls of Lincoln for the first time since 1937.  Beginning in 1938, all 9th grade students in Manitowoc's public schools attended their Freshmen year at Washington and Wilson Junior High Schools.  Beginning with the 1932-1933 school year, half of the Freshmen began attending Wilson Junior High until 1937-1938 when Washington Junior High was opened up to Freshmen too.  
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 Manitowoc Public School District